OPEN WATER SCUBA DIVER
The only things you have to bring are Mask, Snorkel, Fins, and Dive Booties. Everything else is covered.
LEARN TO DIVE TODAY. GET CERTIFIED WITH SDI.Who this course is for:
- Persons desiring to obtain a Scuba Diving certification
- Persons interested in underwater exploration
What you can expect to learn:
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Children 10-14 can earn Junior Open Water Certification
- Junior Open Water must dive with a parent/guardian or dive professional
The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course will cover all of the necessary skills and knowledge for open water scuba diving, including:
What’s in it for you:
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, surge, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use, and maintenance
- Dive planning
- Basic scuba skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures
- And much more!
Upon successful completion of the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course, graduates may:
SDI Open Water Scuba Diver minimum requirements:
- Conduct open water dives in conditions similar to their training
- Continue their dive education by enrolling in SDI Advanced Diver and Specialty courses
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver knowledge quests or equivalent online learning course
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently